Terms and Conditions
- Children age 2 and up count as occupants and extra person fees may apply. Do not include children under age 2 when making your reservation. The definition of "occupant" and maximum occupancy is defined and set forth by the Minnesota Department of Health and the Fire Marshal, not our business.
- Please keep in mind that each property has a maximum occupancy that cannot be exceeded.
- The maximum occupancy of our homes is determined by the State of Minnesota. Exceeding the maximum number of guests is grounds of immediate termination without refund. Children under age 2 do not count toward maximum occupancy. Housing additional guests in a sleeping bag, tents, or RV's is not allowed. An occupant (or guest) list must be provided on your rental agreement, including name, age, and number of nights each person will be staying at the property.
- Pets are allowed at some homes with prior approval for an additional fee.The maximum number of pets allowed is 2. Pet owners must pick up droppings, keep pet leashed when outside and keep pets off the furniture and bedding. The pet must also be kenneled if let alone in the home. If we find that you have left a pet alone in the home unkenneled, there will be a $250 fine charged to the credit card on file.
- Parties found with pets without prior approval will be asked to leave immediately without refund and will pay a $250 cleaning fee that will be charged to the card on file. Any other pet damage will be charged back to renters. The Damage Waiver does not cover any pet-related damage.
Reservation Hold Payment
- A reservation hold payment of 50% of your reservation (before taxes and fees) is due within 4 business day of booking. If we do not receive these monies within 4 business days of booking, your reservation is subject to cancellation.
- Reservations will not be considered confirmed until Cascade Vacation Rentals has received the reservation hold payment and signed the rental agreement. Once the reservation hold payment is received, whether or not the rental agreement has been completed, the regular cancelation policy applies.
- The balance of your payment is due no less than 7 days before arrival. 7 days prior to your arrival, Cascade Vacation Rentals will automatically charge the balance due to the credit card on file that was used for your reservation hold payment. If we do not receive the balance by the 7 days prior to arrival deadline, your reservation is subject to cancellation. If your reservation is booked within 7 days before arrival, the full balance will be due upon booking. The balance for a stay 21 days or longer will be due 60 days prior to the arrival date.
- If you prefer to have the balance due charged to a different card, you must call us prior to your balance due date at (218) 663-7971 to make alternative arrangements. If a request to use an alternate credit card is made after your balance due date and we have charged the credit card on file, a 10% service fee will be added to your balance due to cover reprocessing fees. No exceptions.
- If you reduce your number of guests or remove pets from your reservation within the 7 days before arrival, thereby reducing the extra persona fees or removing the pet fee, we will provide a refund for these fees upon request. A processing fee of $5 or 10% of refund, whichever is greater, will be deducted from the refund.
CANCELLATION/TRANSFER POLICY (for stays 20 days or less)
- Cancellations due to weather will receive no refunds or rebates.
- Cancellations must be made via phone. Email and web chat cancellations will not be accepted.
- If you need to cancel your reservation for any reason, notify us as soon as possible. If you notify our office of cancellation more than 7 days prior to scheduled arrival, all monies, less a $35 cancellation fee will be returned by check or credit card.
- If you cancel your reservation within 7 days of your scheduled arrival, we will make every effort to re-rent the room. If the room is re-rented for the same period of time, you will receive a refund of the monies recouped – less the cancellation fee. If we are unable to re-rent the property, any advance payment will be forfeited. If you have CSA travel insurance on the reservation that you need to cancel, please still notify our office. You are responsible for submitting any applicable claims to CSA Travel Protection. Cascade Vacation Rentals is not involved in the claims process. In cases where a rental agreement is not completed and returned within the 10 days, the reservation is subject to cancellation. The regular cancellation policy applies (see above).
- All reservations are subject to the cancellation fee.
* For stays 21 days or longer, the cancellation time frame is 60 days before arrival.
VACATION RENTAL INSURANCE - Guest Protect Plan
- CSA Vacation Rental Insurance has been offered with your reservation. Vacation Rental Insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation and force you to incur unplanned expenses. View a Description of Coverage/Policy at www.vacationrentalinsurance.com.
- CSA Travel Protection at 6.95% of your total reservation. It is an optional add-on and can be added to your reservation at the time of booking or up until your balance is paid in full, (30 days before your reservation). You do have the right to cancel this insurance within 10 days of purchasing a policy. Travel insurance is non-refundable. In the event, you need to cancel your reservation the cost of the travel insurance will be taken out of the reservation hold payment in addition to the cancellation fee.
- This insurance will only cover the cost of renting the home. Coverage is provided by CSA Travel Protection. Once Travel insurance has been added to your reservation, you will receive an email about your coverage directly from CSA Travel Protection. Feel free to contact CSA with any questions about the policy we offer CSA 330 at (800) 711-1197 or visit their website www.csatravelprotection.com.
- Some renters pick up and drop off keys at our rental office in Lutsen and some check-in directly to the rental home. Please check the check-in instructions for the property you have rented. All check-in directions will be in a separate confirmation email that you will receive when your balance has been paid in full for your stay. If you will be checking in at our office and you are arriving or departing after business hours, the code for the secure key drop box on the outside of our building is provided in your check-in instructions email. There is a $25 charge for keys not returned.
- 5335 West Highway 61, Lutsen, Minnesota
- We are in a green building near the Clearview General Store complex.
- A lockout consists of when a guest locks themselves out of a property and needs assistance from our staff to re-enter. A minimum of a $40 fee will be charged for all lockouts outside of business hours.
- Every effort is made to keep each property and its equipment in good working order, but just like with your own home, failures do occur. Please notify our rental agents of any maintenance problems or difficulty you experience during your stay as soon as possible so repairs can be scheduled. If our office is closed, you may always reach staff on the emergency phone.
- Please remember NO REFUNDS/REBATES will be given for mechanical failures. However, if there are failures to necessary systems (such as water, hot water, heat, or septic system) that cannot be resolved in a timely manner, we will make every effort to provide alternative accommodations or compensation. We appreciate your understanding.
- Smoking is not allowed in any of our homes. If smoking outside, be aware of fire danger. Do not smoke directly in front of open windows or allow smoke to blow inside. Please use an ashcan properly dispose of all cigarette butts from property upon departure. You will be charged for a clean-up if excessive cigarette butts are found outside. Parties found smoking in the home will be asked to leave immediately without refund and will pay any associated cleaning costs.
FIRES, CAMPFIRES AND GRILLS
- Many of our homes have grills. You will need to provide your own charcoal and lighter fluid or charcoal grills. Fuel will be provided for gas grills. Never place charcoal grills on decks or touching any structures, For homes with wood fireplaces, please build safe and reasonably sized fires.
- Damage caused by careless fires will be guests' responsibility.
- In most areas, small fires on the beach are permitted. Please use designated fire pit only or create a 3'x3' fire pit on the beach.
- Do not use indoor fireplace wood for campfires. Campfire wood is sold in Cascade Vacation Rentals' parking lot, at most gas stations, and at many roadside spots. Please make note of seasonal fire bans and follow any restrictions. Fully extinguish the fire and use at your own risk! The Game Warden and Sheriff's Office will issue at $150 ticket for fires left unattended or that are not completely extinguished. If a wildfire starts or structures are damaged as a result of your fire, you are also responsible for any fire suppression costs.
HOUSE PARTIES/QUIET HOURS
- All of our homes are privately owned and our management contract with the owners prohibits house parties. Any guests abusing this policy will be asked to leave immediately with no refund and a $250 will be added to the rental fee. In general, neighbors are not tolerant of noise after 10:00 pm. Please make sure that, after this hour, music and voices are not audible outside of your rental.
- Discharging weapons of any kind, igniting fireworks, lewd or offensive behavior, destructive abuse of home or landscape, terrorizing wildlife, and respectful treatment of rental agents is not allowed. Violators are subject to immediate termination of rental and dismissal without refund. Any damage will be charged back to renter. Actions that result in a call or visit from the Sheriff's Department are subject to a $250 fine.